BLACK ROSES

CABINET OF HENRI GAMUL

ANNIVERSARY

CURIOSITY PEDDLER: WEEP AND MOAN

COLD READS

HANGMAN'S DOZEN THEME

TRAILER WE WHO ARE HIS FOLLOWERS

HANGMAN'S DOZEN EP. 1

HANGMAN'S DOZEN EP. 2: THE DROWNED MAN

THE SWARM from THE BOOK OF WEIRD

THE HUNGRY FACE from THE BOOK OF WEIRD

AUDIO DRAMA: ATOMIC PLAYBOY

ELIXIR

SUNDOWNERS EP 2 SAM HILL DIED HERE

BLACKOUT CITY: DEATH RAIN

ELECTRIC CHAIR 37

RADIO PLAY: SEEING RED

HORROR ADDICTS 113

BLOOD NOIR PODCAST, AUDIO DRAMA

Sunday, July 31, 2011

THE CITY copyright2011 m.s.


 


The sun rose at five-forty five this morning and immediately burned it's way through the sky. From my window I had waited three hours to witness this event. Every night it's the same. Hearing the screams of others in this city invades your dreams. Horrible, excruciating screams.

And I never leave my room to find out why they are screaming . At night you never leave your room for fear of being caught by those who own you.


Every morning I walk these streets where the sidewalks melt after every step. I pass by those with half-eaten faces, on their way to a job that doesn't exist or a school that never teaches. I watch those strip others of their skin, and devour their souls. I pass by trees with burning limbs, and blades of grass that burst into flames at will.






With each step the heat grows worse, unbearable. But I keep going. I see cars parked on top of each other, virtually destroyed that house moaning voices that call out for help. I see children playing in the street, poking a man with no arms and no legs. They look up at me laughing, their eyes black as tar. I try not to let them know I am afraid. They can smell fear.


I've reached my destination, just past the church with the inverted cross bleeding. I stand at the gates of the city listening to the voices of my loved ones calling for me. I try to go through those gates, but something will not let me pass, as if I were being held back by an invisible hand.

I look up at the sign on the city gates, seeing the sun's yellow-red rays light up the words HELL.

No comments:

Post a Comment